Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Ol' Gray Mare got Me Home Safely

Well, people the ol' gray mare got me to my childhood home. got here thursday night at midnight. don't know how I manage it but it seems like I can time my trip here in order to arrive prior to suppertime like I'd like.

Had transmission problems about the time I had to go through the mountains back there but the ol' gray mare limped us the rest of the way. In fact the last 35 miles I was using second gear in order for her to have enough revs on the engine. There goes a big chuck of money to get her repaired now.

Have to say that it is good to see the family again though.

7 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Be it ever so humble...

msladyDeborah said...

I'm glad to know that you made it safely.

buddeshepherd said...

So you could say, "the old grey mare ain't what she used to be?" My mom used to say that.

BB-Idaho said...

Sounds like the Ol Grey Mare is ready to be put out to pasture. What with those same mountains still being there when you return, and being as how Michigan grows cars..ya
might think of trading the mare for a Bronco, Colt,
Mustang or Pinto. :)

BB-Idaho said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tweetey30 said...

dont you just hate when it clunks out on you while you are traveling?? Never had that problem yet but you just never know when the good old car is going to take a crap on you while traveling..

tweetey30 said...

hey what part of MI are you in?? e-mail me if you would like.. i would love some place to go this weekend if you are up to meeting a fellow blogger and her crazy family.. lol.. hope you enjoy the stay..

Followers

Words of Wisdom of my visitors

Grab This Widget

Gas Buddy

Search for gas prices by US Zip Code

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster